Written by Ashton Deroy, independent comm tech supporter. Apple’s value as a company has moved to the trillions. In 2014-2016 I worked in the communications technology field in cellular company call center outsourcers. This is where I would have serviced Iphone’s in my professional career from the customer service perspective. This post outlines a SWOT analyis on Iphone Product support.
This product is designed to do two things.
- Create desire with high quality mobile technology.
- Be so sleek consumers take out credit with their provider just to owe them on the purchase for the phone.
Strengths in servicing an IPhone
- User friendly visual medium. It makes it very easy to navigate the customer.
- There is a basic understanding of common use errors.
- Easy to use collaborative network applications such as voter database used when I volunteered for the Liberals in 2018.
Click the image below to read
“Why Canadian cell phone bills are among the most expensive on the planet?” by Tristin Hopper, National Post Published September 18th 2017
Weaknesses in servicing the IPhone Customers don’t understand the asset’s tab
- Customers’ don’t understand their service contracts
- Customers’ pay way over the average cost of a phone which creates an unrealistic service expectation
- Customers do not understand their complicated technology which surpasses the function of even their own brain.
Opportunities to improve I-Phone Service
- The more readily available video tutorials & promoted support lines the better.
- Creating specific comprehensive readily available I-Phone training lectures.
- Creating a list of recommended apps available for customer’s use purposes to index the level of safe use for an app. Publications should be encouraged to review apps with even more User experience depth.
Threats to I-Phone customer service
- Not experienced agents mess up IPhone supports due to complexity.
- Complicated network troubleshooting leading to difficult use on WiFi use in certain environments. For example poor WiFi/Cellular signals or working with an older homes built not to consider network infrastructure.
- Product Devalued after other company’s launch similar Smartphones are available at lower market costs.
I-Phones are technologically intriguing products that lead the industry, but how long can the success last with Android continuing their innovation? What will happen in the North American Market as consumers shift to the use of used electronics, eco-friendly & fair trade companies? One has to think these changes will leave Apple out in the dust when the value of the company eventually decreases due to lack of market sustainability. What are SWOT Analysis shows?
It shows that Apple Products have perceived customer value. However may have to go to extreme lengths of leveraging credit to purchase the products. Once the demand for credit decreases so to should the demand on high cost cellular products. Ultimately it is my feeling that these phones offer more value than consumers require from their telephone service which will make consumer eventually want a simpler option.
This could possibly lead to the loss of momentum in Apple products when the company eventually retracts from the market. A Trillion dollars in market value can not be retained especially as the North American Markets move to Conservative ideological economic values which are used to reduce debt in both Business to Business & Business to consumer markets.