How can I tell you guys that you need to create a story for your shop without telling my own story? That is my specialty I love stories!
What is Ashton Deroy’s story?
- Born in 1993
- Diagnosed with autism in approximately 2001.
- In 2008 I decided I wanted a career in Business & websites. I was with my best friend Kella in a design tech program when I created my first web page. I was attending East Northumberland Secondary School.
- In 2009 I got in to environmental activism
- In 2012 I was accepted in to Loyalist College for Advertising and Business. My brother Kyle encouraged me to do Advertising and then do business.
- In Advertising at Loyalist College I did my own personal study by operating my first blog and I took my first Adobe suite course.
- In 2014 I graduated Advertising and went in to the Interactive Marketing Program in St. Lawrence College.
- In 2015 I got my graduate certificate in Interactive Marketing. This included learning WordPress Software, eCommerce software, basic Customer Relationship Management software and Adobe Suite.
- In 2016 I got accepted in to the Business & Marketing program
- In 2016 I got my first web marketing Client.
- In 2016 I got Diana to become a Partner of my web marketing business skeleton
- In 2017 I set up my first custom email address.
- In 2018 I wrote my resources index for Online Entrepreneurs.
- In 2018 we began re positioning as a Consulting and Cloud services business.
A simple timeline can help people learn your story, display information and connect people on an emotional level. Until you connect emotionally with an audience, you will not sell to that audience! Once you have connected emotionally. There will be no stopping you whatsoever. Make sure to make a way of telling your own story, no holds barred.
I challenge you to do your own story if you are reading this!
Ashton Deroy Writes:
Hello I am Ashton Deroy, I am a digital marketer, customer service person and content creator. (For a third person written description please refer to my about me section.)
In 2014 I completed my diploma in creative advertising and in 2015 I completed my graduate certificate in Interactive marketing. I have been in many roles over my career which have lead to life lessons I take with me everywhere. My key experience to forming my career path was in 2013 when I was a customer service representative at Convergys for the Rogers Communications client.From here I was able to see a front row to industry trends in media, learn how to work the company’s invoice system and predict the decline of cable TV. I’ve also worked in telemarketing and tech support.
My biggest strengths can be narrowed down to three key areas. Customer service, customer retention and sales. The uniqueness about working primarily in telecom is I have dealt with some of the most complicated user experience issues in mobile services, printing & cable. The combination of working in these three areas have turned me in to a very effective communicator. While supporting email systems inside a company, I actually learned to set up my own email systems. That was around the time I started focusing on creating a website support business.
I want to work in a communications role on the telephone, for a political party, tech company or finance company. I think I can be a major asset and a problem solver. I aim to have a life centered on the pursuit of career. Not the pursuit of a personal life.
Ashton Deroy Writes: I added an education page to my WordPress site. This goes over my background, this is just a watered down version of my educational background for anyone who cares to look over.
I welcome any Alumni/active students from Seneca, St. Lawrence College & Loyalist College to get in contact with me. I am more than happy to give feedback on active projects, Business plans & websites.
2016- Present,Seneca College, Business Administration & Marketing.
Course link: http://www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/BMT.html
Highlights to this course have included improving my financial literacy, improving mathematics literacy and volunteering for the School’s LGBTQ Pride group. As the website manager.
2015-2016, St. Lawrence College, Interactive Marketing
Course Link: http://www.stlawrencecollege.ca/programs-and-courses/full-time/programs/a_m/interactive-marketing-communications/kingston/
Highlights to this course are improving written literacy, learning to manage WordPress pages to client guidelines & pitching digital marketing solutions to clients who work self-employed or in the Non-Profit sectors.
2012-2014, Loyalist College, Advertising and Marketing Communications.
Course Link: http://www.loyalistcollege.com/programs-and-courses/full-time-programs/advertising-and-marketing-communications/
Highlights to this course were learning creative writing, Adobe suite software & Promotional selling.
Thank you for reading, remember to subscribe to this blog for more! 🙂